Wednesday, February 25, 2009
On Saturday February 28th, 2009, Upper Falls Liquor in Newton will be having a free grand tasting of over 100 wines. Even better, they'll be offering 25% off the purchase of 6 or more bottles of all of their wines (with the exception of already discounted "red tag" items) on both Friday the 27th and Saturday the 28th.
The other two stores in this group (Auburndale and Post Road) are also participating. More information is available on their website.
If you'd like to reserve some of your favorite wines, it might be worth calling to see whether they can accommodate. Try email@example.com at (617)969-9200.
I like this group of stores because:
- Their rotating monthly specials require the purchase of only 6 bottles whereas other stores require 12 bottles or more to receive their best pricing.
- They carry a good assortment of price points. Both good quality-price-ratio daily drinkers -and- higher end wines which allows you to build up 6 or more bottles without breaking the bank.
- Their 3 locations in the Boston MetroWest area make it convenient to stop in while running other errands.
- The 92-point WS/$12 2006 Villa Pillo Toscana Borgoforte
- The 95-point WS/$27 2005 Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
- The 96-point WS/$29 2007 Merry Edwards Russian River Sauvignon Blanc
Do you like hearing about local wine events like this? If so, please consider signing up for a free subscription to The Wellesley Wine Press so you don't miss a future update.