Friday, August 13, 2010
I thought I'd write-up a summary of deals I've heard about so far and update it as the weekend progresses. I've got my itinerary lined up for Saturday and hope to hit some shops Sunday afternoon too.
Many retailers are counting on the tax free weekend in conjunction with their normal discounts to entice customers. Some are even erroneously claiming that 20% off a case + the 6.25% tax savings yields 26.25% savings. The brighter students in class will recognize this isn't quite true because tax is applied after case discounts and the tax free savings are therefore diminished by the discount amount. Oh well- it's still a good time to buy.
Bin Ends Wine in Braintree
- Having a Clearance Sale
- I hear the bins are full
- Mixed case discount 20% on non-sale items (regularly 15%)
- Free shipping in MA with 6 or more bottles with code "freeground"
- (Note: The Spirit Shoppe is a current WWP advertiser)
- Midsummer Sale
- Six short-burn deals on 3 French and 3 new world wines
- Risk Free Tax Free
- Taste some really high end wines before you buy them
- Good pricing especially on harder to find domestic reds and whites
- One of my planned stops for tomorrow
- It was news to me that this new-to-MA retailer opened just a couple weeks ago in Millbury
- You may remember this firm from their attempt to open in Braintree a while back
- Evidently related to but not formally associated with oft-maligned/sometimes loved national retailer Total Wine
- Everyday low price model but check out their specials on their site
- I'll try to check them out soon and report what I find
- 25% off 6 or more non-sale bottles
- Also it's not to late to order the 2009 Bordeaux futures offers featured in their newsletter. Not subject to further discounts, ordered in 6-packs or straight cases, and tax-free this weekend. $21 Pipeau, $19 Paloumey and other values for delivery in a year or two.