Monday, November 16, 2009
This coming Wednesday, November 18th 2009, Wine Spectator will begin unveiling their Top 100 Wines of 2009. This list isn't strictly the best 100 wines presented in rank order according to rating. Rather, it's intended to be the most exciting wines of the year. I think of them as the list of wines we'll remember as being hot this year.
Jill Bernheimer over at domaine547 is running a cool contest related to the Top 100 list. Guess 10 wines and the person who gets the most right in the Top 10 wins.
Based on a top secret algorithm that involves
the wwpQPR Calculator guessing, here are my picks, many of which have been featured on this site as Value Alerts:
- 2007 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc
- 2005 Columbia Crest Reserve Cab
- 2007 Paraiso Pinot Noir
- 2006 Chappellet Signature Cab
- 2006 Schrader T6 Cabernet
- 2006 Villa Pillo Toscana Borgoforte
- 2006 Hall Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley Kathryn Hall
- 2007 Red Car Pinot Noir Heaven & Earth La Boheme
- 2005 Chateau de Pibarnon Bandol
- 2006 Fontodi Colli della Toscana Centrale Flaccianello
Update: I didn't realize the Top 100 would be revealed to subscribers this morning. If you have a Wine Spectator Online subscription you can see the full Top 100 HERE