Monday, November 22, 2010
|Patriots Cheerleader Sara with|
One Mission Founder Ashley Haseotes
Founder Ashley Haseotes' son was diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago. She told a heart wrenching story about how difficult it was discovering he had cancer, how he almost didn't make it, and how life-altering the process was for their entire family.
I learned that One Mission focuses their support in two areas: (1) supporting programs seeking cures for pediatric cancer -and- (2) helping kids with cancer and their parents a little bit easier with things like care packages, meals, and parties in the hospital to give kids something to look forward to.
At the event they partnered with Marty's in Newton to pour 75 different wines. They're offering 10% discounts on 12 bottles and 20% discounts on 24 bottles. Use Coupon Code "One Mission" when ordering and 50% of the proceeds will go to One Mission.
Marty's Fine Wine
675 Washington St.
Newton, MA 02458
I've included some thoughts on wines I tried to help get you started:
- 2006 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (11/18/2010) $119.99
Closed on the nose but came through on the palate. Smooth as silk. Delicious chocolate and tobacco flavors. An amazing wine. (94 points)
- 2006 Joseph Phelps Insignia - USA, California, Napa Valley (11/18/2010) $199.99
Rich and concentrated with delicious dark fruit and toasty mocha notes. Long heart warming finish. Fantastic wine. (94 points)
- 2007 Nickel & Nickel Cabernet Sauvignon Tench - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (11/18/2010) $99.99
Wonderfully fruit forward with nice supporting spice. Intense flavor profile. Very nice stuff. (93 points)
- 2007 Hartford Court Pinot Noir Land's Edge Vineyards - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (11/18/2010) $49.99
Dense with sweet tannins. Great stuff if you like this style (I do). (92 points)
- 2008 Flowers Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (11/18/2010) $49.99
Fantastic focused and vibrant. (92 points)
- 2006 Castelvecchio Il Brecciolino - Italy, Tuscany (11/18/2010) $49.99
Rich spicy fruit with well balanced acidity. Nice stuff. (91 points)
- 2007 Darioush Cabernet Sauvignon Signature - USA, California, Napa Valley (11/18/2010) $89.99
Quirky on the nose but rich and flavorful on the palate. (90 points)
- 2006 Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley (11/18/2010) $74.99
Too oaky and I don't say that often. Needs time to integrate. (88 points)
- 2008 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis 1er Cru Montmains - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (11/18/2010) $41.99
A little skunky on the nose, but better on the palate. (88 points)
- 2008 Melville Pinot Noir Estate - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Rita Hills - Sta. Rita Hills (11/18/2010) $36.99
Burnt rubber aromas dominated an otherwise solid wine. (82 points)
Note: Some of these wines may not be listed as available on Marty's website. If you can't find what you're looking for online give them a call or buy in-store and mention this One Mission benefit. Thanks for your consideration.