Wednesday, September 22, 2010
WHAT: This unprecedented series features tastings of the entire Fleming’s 100, the award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass unveiled each September. It is a rare opportunity for all guests to sniff, swirl, sip and spit like an international wine buyer.
WHEN: Every Thursday in September 2010 (September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30) from 5:30pm – 7:00 pm
COST: $25 per guest
Guests attending an Opening Night event will also receive a $25 Dining Credit for the main dining room that evening.
WHERE: Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
217 Stuart Street, Boston, MA
(next to The Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers)
617-292-0808 / flemingssteakhouse.com
Click here for wines (20) served at each Opening Night.
Here's a list of wines being poured on September 23rd:
- SCHRAMSBERG, Blanc de Blancs North Coast, 2006
- MÖNCHSHHOF, Riesling Spätlese Mosel Slate Germany, 2008/2009*
- CANTINA TERLANO, Pinot Grigio Alto Adige Italy, 2008
- MASO CANALI, Pinot Grigio Trentino Italy, 2008
- CANYON ROAD, California, 2009
- SONOMA-CUTRER, Sonoma Coast Russian River Ranches, 2008
- DMZ, Western Cape South Africa, 2008
- BENZIGER, Carneros Sangiacomo Vineyard, 2007
- MARK WEST, California, 2008
- RITUAL, Casablanca Valley Chile, 2008
- CAMBRIA, Santa Maria Valley Julia's Vineyard, 2007
- OTTIMINO, Zinfandel Sonoma County Zinfinity, 2006/2007*
- ORIN SWIFT, The Prisoner Napa Valley, 2008
- MARKHAM, Napa Valley, 2006
- CAIN, Cuvée Napa Valley NV6/NV7
- FRANCIS COPPOLA DIAMOND COLL., Claret California Black Label, 2007/2008*
- YALUMBA, Barossa Valley The Scribbler Australia, 2007/2008*
- HESS, Napa Valley Allomi Vineyard, 2007
- TREFETHEN, Double T Napa Valley, 2007
- HALL, Napa Valley, 2006
I've enjoyed their by-the-glass selections in the past and I see some familiar favorites on this list. The Maso Canali, Sonoma-Cutrer, Cambria, and Hall wines jump out at me, and others look appealing as well. I think they do a nice job with their wine program - this looks like a good opportunity.
Further Reading: 10 ways to get into wine without spending top dollar.