Saturday, September 27, 2008
I'd be honored to accept a sample of your wine or wine accessory for review. I can't guarantee a positive review, but I can promise a thoughtful, respectful, and authentic assessment.
For wine, I will generally post my thoughts in a short tasting note on a site like CellarTracker. If I find the wine extraordinary, or if I find a story related to the wine, I will write about it in a blog entry and disclose that I received it as a sample. Here are some examples of pieces I've written about wine samples I've received:
- North vs. South: A Blind Tasting of Napa Cab vs. Chilean Cab
- Funny Labels, Serious Wines?
- Wines of Chile Raises the Bar with an Online Tasting
- Tasting Report: Hall Cabernet Sauvignon
- Tasting Report: Torrent Bay Wines
- Tasting Report: Truro Vineyards of Cape Cod
- Tasting Report: Olson Ogden Wines
- Tasting Report: 2006 Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
Be aware that I live in Massachusetts- a state with arcane and restrictive wine shipping laws. It can sometimes be difficult to ship here. In cases where it is difficult to ship here, it may be possible to ship to me in a neighboring state.
For wine accessories I usually do a video review of the product, along with written commentary. I also post the video on Amazon.com if your product is available there. Here are some of the reviews I've done in the past:
- Wine Glass Towels
- Soirée Wine Aerator
- Ravi Instant Wine Chiller
- Respirer Wine Aerator
- 7-Way Blind Wine Aerator Comparison
Thanks for your interest.